Trinity Community Church is seeking an individual to serve in the role of Pastor. In this role, they will oversee all aspects of ministry for the church. This is a unique opportunity to serve the Lord in an established church congregation who’s current Pastor of 10 years decided to move out of state so that he can be closer to his grandchildren.
The Job Description below details the responsibilities of the Pastor:
The candidate must possess the following:
• A clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ.
• Strong character
• A Christ-like attitude of humility and servant leadership.
• A lifestyle demonstrating consistent spiritual and moral characteristics that are in harmony with the Scriptures.
• A proven record of working well with others and a commitment to a team approach to ministry.
• A commitment to personal accountability.
• License or Ordination Credentials
• Bachelors or higher from a Bible College
• 5+ years of experience in pastoral ministry.
• Evidence of the pursuit of ongoing professional growth through continuing professional development and education opportunities.
Primary Ministry Objectives:
• Minister the Word of God to our congregation
• Personally engage, love and care for our congregation.
• Develop and implement children’s programs in partnership with the Children’s programs committee.
• Develop and implement vision in partnership with the Consistory board.
• Provide general leadership for all the ministries of Trinity Church.
• Responsible for visitation and counseling. Visitation will include but is not limited to hospitals, nursing homes, shut-ins, and new attendees. Counseling includes crisis, marriage, pre-marital, and general settings.
• Officiates at weddings and funerals, including performing the requisite planning.
• Represents the Trinity Community Church in local events and county ministerial alliance.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary: Negotiable based on experience
o 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom parsonage is located directly on church grounds and is provided at no cost. Utilities are not covered.
o Monthly reimbursement for church travel in personal vehicle.
o Stipend provided
• Compensation for Continuing Education and Books
Negotiable. Vacation requests that involve being gone on Sunday’s should be presented to the consistory 1 month in advance, except in the case of emergencies. Requests for time away for public speaking, ministry, or missions trips will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
If interested please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call: 620-639-6970 for more information and ask for Shawn.