Minister, South Salem Church of Christ
Union City, IN
South Salem Church of Christ is a well-established church located just south of Union City, Indiana. Our community is economically as well as spiritually diverse though primarily Agricultural in nature. Our building is traditional and well maintained, yet geared toward youth. Our Youth Program, from Kindergarten to Teen, is outstanding and has been a model for others to follow. We have, what is considered, an older congregation however, they are anxious and seek growth.
God has and continues to call on us to provide a strong outreach ministry to our community and we are seeking an energetic leader with a passion for evangelism and discipleship.
Though small, our elder led restoration church is ready and willing to serve alongside the minister that God places here to prosper God’s purpose and bring to Him all the glory.
We are seeking a full time minister as defined in 1 Timothy 4:13, 2 Timothy 4:5, and 2 Timothy 2:22-26 with a special emphasis on preaching, equipping the congregation and growth.
Ideal Candidate is someone who/whose:
- Has a degree from a Restoration Movement related institution
- Unquestionably loves the Lord our God with all his heart, sole, and mind, and exemplifies such in his personal life as well as in his ministry
- Holds firmly to the key restoration principles (Deity of Christ, Salvation, Baptism, Lord’s Supper, etc.)
- Is known for his maturity, compassion, humility and grace and exemplifies the same to his leadership, to his congregation and to the members of his community
- Study of the Word of God is ongoing, who enjoys preaching/teaching and who relates well to young adults as well as to the older adults
- Has been serving in a located ministry for no less than 5-7 years and whose ministry has shown reasonable numerical and spiritual growth
- Desires and looks forward to an extended ministry opportunity
What we are not looking for:
We are not looking for perfection in the ideal candidate, but yet someone whose goal is to attain perfection in honor of our Lord.
If you would like more information on our church, you can visit our website at southsalemchurchofchrist.net
You can send resume to email@example.com or You can also mail a hard-copy to: Pulpit Committee, 1401 W Division St., Union City, IN 47390