Mountainview is a contemporary, non-denominational church (Christian Church/Churches of Christ) of approximately 800 attenders located in Highlands Ranch, CO, a suburb of Denver. Our weekend worship includes music from Hillsong, Passion artists and other familiar worship writers, as well as fresh arrangements of traditional hymns. A typical instrumental setup would be acoustic, electric, and bass guitars, keyboards, and drums – with other instruments used on occasion. A variety of singers are typically used each weekend. We have produced our own original video vignettes, dramas, spoken word pieces, and artwork to complement our weekend experience.
This position exists to support the church’s mission of glorifying God, growing people in Christ, and sending them into the world to make a Kingdom difference. This person will also support our vision of planting new churches and campuses. This will be accomplished by developing meaningful and creative ways for people to experience God through worship and the arts. This position will report to the Executive Pastor.
• Oversee all weekend programming to include music, creative elements, video, and staging.
• Develop a worship and arts community within the church by expanding volunteer teams.
• Develop special events and programming to showcase our creative elements.
• Be responsible for incorporating Mountainview’s mission, vision, and values into our worship and creative arts department.
COACH: As a coach, we would expect this person to develop leaders and teams by mentoring, training, and resourcing them.
• Meet regularly with volunteers for the purpose of developing them as leaders.
• Develop a leadership structure that encourages leadership duplication across all creative areas (music, drama, video, etc).
• Develop a worship training program that moves people from beginner to advanced.
• Serve as pastor and shepherd to the worship and creative arts department.
CATALYST: As a catalyst, we would expect this person to be stimulating new creative ways for the Mountainview family to engage God.
• Able to be highly engaging as a worship leader
• Champion the worship and creative arts ministry on weekends and in staff relations.
• Serve as Mountainview’s creative representative to the local community.
• Provide direction to volunteer leaders as they develop events and programming.
GUIDE: As a guide, we would expect this person to develop a ministry plan and key performance measures to ensure we are meeting our objectives.
• Stay current in ministry trends, software, etc., related to worship and creative arts.
• Network with colleagues in local churches.
• Develop a worship and creative arts strategy for a multisite environment.
ADMINISTRATOR: As an administrator, we would expect this person to manage volunteer teams as well as current and future staff positions, interns, etc.
• Manage current staff and volunteers, including weekend scheduling.
• Develop and manage a worship and creative arts budget.
• Ensure that proper planning and allocation of creative resources is occurring.
KEY SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading people into the presence of God. This passion will be fueled by a personal devotion to growing in Christ. This person must be a leader of leaders. They will have a proven track record of multiplying themselves through the training and coaching of others. Musically, they should be highly proficient on at least one instrument, preferably guitar. As a staff leader, they will share our vision of starting new churches and campuses. Ideally, they will have experience in a church of comparable size.
Key skills include:
• The ability to effectively train others to lead worship.
• The ability to relate well to a wide variety of people.
• The ability to translate creative ideas into action.
• The ability to “think outside of the box.”
• The ability to recruit and train volunteers.
• The ability to manage a budget.
This person must be in agreement with our statement of faith. You can view our entire statement online at www.mountainviewfamily.org. Key points include:
• Salvation is a free gift received by faith in Jesus Christ.
• Baptism by immersion identifies us with Jesus.
• Each person has been granted free will and has the opportunity to choose God or reject Him.
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority in matters of faith and practice.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
College degree in worship ministry or music.
Minimum of five years of experience as the main worship leader.
Ability to lead worship from an instrument.
Familiar with worship presentation software and related technology (sound board, video, lighting, etc).
Demonstrated management, planning, and scheduling of total worship services, including elements of drama, video, and music.
Ability to lead worship from a guitar.
From a Christian Church/Church of Christ (non-denominational) background.
Please use this link to apply: https://mountainview.recruiterbox.com/jobs/26386