Mountainview Christian Church of Gresham , Oregon is seeking applicants for the Senior/ Lead Pastor position. Lead Pastor Job Description The Lead Pastor is responsible for the spiritual instruction and strategic leadership of the congregation, staff, and ministries of the church. He holds a non-voting position on the Elder Board and falls under the supervision and oversight of the Elders. Supervises the pastoral staff.
• Bachelors degree from a Bible College or Seminary.
• Ten or more years service in church ministry with at least five years preaching experience. • Experience supervising pastoral and lay staff.
• Be in agreement with the doctrine of Mountainview Christian Church.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
PROVIDE SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP
• Primary preaching pastor able
to effectively communicate Bible based principles intent on reaching the lost
and to spiritually grow the congregation.
• Works with the pastoral and
administrative staff to develop a meaningful weekend service experience.
Constantly seeks excellence.
• Encourages stewardship and world mission support.
• Understands and demonstrates the principles of church growth and evangelism
that relate to the overall vision and mission of the church.
PROVIDE PASTORAL LEADERSHIP
• Member of the Elder Board and responsible for the oversight and shepherding of the congregation.
• Serves on the Management Team.
• Participate in the development of the mission and goals of the church.
• Coach, train, and develop the pastoral staff in their professional and spiritual life.
• Provide counseling to church members.
• Visit church members.
PROVIDE OUTREACH LEADERSHIP
• Lead the congregation in reaching out to our neighborhood, the greater community, and the world for the purpose of bringing man and God
together through Christ.
• Develop strategy and programs which will be deployed in the outreach ministries.
• Maintain contact with all supported church missionaries and missions.
PROVIDE ADMINISTRATIVE LEADERSHIP
• Member of the Management Team responsible for the administration of the church.
• Supervise and evaluate the pastoral staff.
• Participate in the screening and hiring of non-ordained staff and calling of ordained staff.
• Participate in the development of operational plans and budgets to support the mission and goals of the church.
• Build a sense of teamwork among church staff and effectively work with the staff to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communication.
• Participate in special assignments and other duties as assigned.
• Understands and demonstrates good volunteer organizational skills.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of church operation, and to develop, revise, and
implement policies and procedures that relate to the specific areas of ministry
for which responsible.
• Able to keep records and generate reports of activities and programs in specific areas of responsibility.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with superiors and subordinates.
Mountainview averages 500 adult worshipers on Sundays. Gresham, Oregon is located 12 miles east of downtown Portland. To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org