Lake Superior Christian Church is seeking a gifted servant leader with administrative/management skills to guide our congregation to the next level. LSCC is located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, near Marquette. On a typical Sunday, approximately 500 attend worship services. We seek to grow in numbers and spiritual maturity. This is a full time position.
Purpose: To lead the body according to God’s Holy Word; to lead in team building, administration and staff development; to participate in the church’s mission of serving God by: Bringing people into His church, Building people up in His Son, and Sending people out to serve in His harvest. The successful applicant will oversee and participate in the “Visioneering” of the future for LSCC, as well.
• Team Builder;
• Administrator responsible for day to day operational effectiveness;
• Preacher, Teacher and Trainer as needed.
• Develop and train Leadership Team;
• Identify upcoming challenges and provide training to ensure timely decisions;
• Create atmosphere conducive to unity of Leadership Team;
• Conduct weekly Staff meetings;
• Coordinate actions of Elders and Staff;
• Mentor Ministry Staff;
• Develop and execute budget;
• Manage organizational resources;
• Ensure facilities and grounds display excellence;
• Orchestrate capital improvement projects;
• Supervise all Staff, including provision of annual written performance evaluations;
• Facilitate ongoing review and development of LSCC Leadership vision;
• Identify limiting factors to growth;
• Propose and direct implementation of strategies to promote growth.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a ministry field;
• An ordained minister;
• 10 years full-time ministry experience;
-> 5 years leadership experience in a multi-staff environment with emphasis in
administration or management and team building;
-> Well-versed in business principles and practices within the church context and
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Meet the Biblical qualifications of an elder;
• Be or become a member of the congregation;
• Ability to walk on water and leap tall buildings in a single bound is desirable;
Those interested should submit a professional resume, cover letter, philosophy of ministry statement and a list of 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to Wayne Price via email: searchteam@LSCC.TV or regular mail to the church (393 M-553, Marquette, MI 49855). The search committee will begin conducting interviews in early 2014.