First Christian is a regional church and one of the largest churches in the northern St. Louis area with an average attendance of 1,200+ with 2,500+ members. Located on 14 acres, the campus has evolved to over 100,000 square feet of space featuring a 1,600 seat, well designed worship center completed in 2006. Leadership is committed to strong Biblical teaching, passionate worship, and reaching out to the community in ways that connect unchurched people to Jesus Christ. First Christian has seen 500 decisions for Christ in 2011 & 2012 with over 300 of these decisions being baptisms. First Christian’s expansive ministry is a result of highly committed volunteers finding their ministry and serving with relentless dedication. This highly relational church is intent on stretching boundaries for the sake of reaching the community for Jesus Christ.
First Christian is seeking a high capacity, experienced, passionate worship leader. The worship pastor will report to the executive pastor of First Christian and is responsible to engage the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help develop the culture of worship for the church. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship team vocalists and band members as well as overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection, elements, and arrangements. Additionally, this position is responsible for the worship aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the executive leaders to ensure consistent quality, creativity, and theology. All products produced by this position will be considered completed as “work f. or hire” and be the property of First Christian. The worship pastor will work 45-55 hours per week (Sunday-Thursday). This position qualifies for vacation days and holidays including one week at Christmas. The benefits include Full Family Medical, Dental, Retirement, and Life Insurance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee leading worship for weekend, midweek, and special services
• Work in conjunction with the Media Pastor who oversees all areas of production (video, audio, light, sound, and staging).
• Expand and maintain the worship band and vocal members.
• Shepherd and mentor staff and volunteers serving in the worship ministry.
• Select songs and arrangements for services and develop them into a worship flow for each service at least two weeks in advance.
• Lead the creative team meetings and planning.
• Lead weekly rehearsals.
• Deepen the understanding of the worship department staff and volunteers of worship and the presence of the Lord.
• Collaborate with executive leadership to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship of the church which aligns directly with the Senior Pastor’s vision.
• Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
• Plan, lead, and produce at least quarterly nights of worship.
• Lead in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
• Oversee and stay within the annual budget
• Strive to incorporate other art forms in addition to music such as dance, painting, photography, etc.
• Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and mission
• Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
• Serve as part of the Pastor On Call rotation.
• Serve the church as an active church member.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
• Strong vocal skills, instrumental skills (prefer guitar or keyboard), song writing and arranging abilities, and able to rehearse a choir.
• Have a deep understanding of sound, lighting, and video in order to be able to work creatively and collaboratively with the Media Pastor.
• Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
• Entrepreneurial aptitude.
• Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
• Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
• Relational skills and a passionate presence and heart for leading worship.
• Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
• Must have a teachable spirit.
1. Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in Scripture,
2. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience,
3. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
4. Project Management,
5. Strong Technology Skills,
6. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
7. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
8. Equipment Maintenance,
9. Attention to Detail,
10. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks),
11. A working understanding and an interest in the latest trends of the latest trends in creative arts,
12. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ, and
13. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
To find out more about First Christian, please take your time to peruse www.fccf.org to learn more about the church, vision and values, and the many other ministries of the church. You can email your application documents along with links to your worship leading videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.