We are looking for God’s man to help accomplish the ministry to which He has called this body, discipleship and community involvement. He should be a team builder, who can empower, equip and then release us to do the work of ministry. He should have a firm commitment to preaching the Word of God and applying it to our lives and also possess skills in conflict resolution and building relationships. The candidate will display a passion for spiritual development and a demonstrated gift of expository teaching. The pastoral applicant should be prepared to lead this church body, which is emerging from a transitional time of introspection and growth.
• The Pastor is skilled at inspiring vision, accomplishing goals, motivating unity, developing leaders and team building
• Work with Elders and other volunteer leaders to develop, mobilize, and accomplish the ministry
• Supervise and coach church staff members (associate pastor, secretary, & worship leader)
• Weekly preaching and orchestration of Sunday service that fosters real worship, deepens scriptural understanding resulting in transformed lives
• Be the spiritual leader, encourager, and primary communicator of the ministry to the congregation
• A committed Christian with a vital and growing relationship with Jesus and a Spirit filled mission to make disciples
• Meet the biblical qualifications of an Elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4
• Prefer a minimum of 8-10 years ministry experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a Bible College, Christian liberal arts college or University with a degree in Theology, Christian Education, Religion, or a comparable degree
• Prefer to have a supportive wife and family that are willing to engage in ministry
1415 Anderson Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
All contents copyright 2015 Manhattan Christian College